Get insider exclusives
Who Are We?
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the Origin WHB Ltd collects personal information. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our website, or when you use our services or buy our products. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell mailing lists or email addresses. This policy applies to information we collect about:
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.whb2.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make this clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your Internet browser from websites that you visit. Like many other websites, www.whb2.com places cookies on your device to understand more about your visit and help us to enhance your experience.
Cookies are used for various aspects of functionality such as keeping track of the items in your shopping bag, learning more about how you arrived at our website and to store your preferences so that you don’t have to enter them each time you visit.
See below for the types of cookies we use and the functionality they support.
Cookie Types that whb2.com Uses:
Essential: First-Party Cookies
These are cookies that our website needs in order to function properly. If they are not accepted by you, parts of the site won’t work as designed. Examples of where these cookies are used include: keeping track of the items in your shopping bag, anonymously determine when you are signed in and determine which currency we should use based on your preferred delivery location when displaying prices to you.
Read on to learn how to disable these cookies should you wish to switch this feature ‘off’.
Google Analytics Cookies
We use various software tools that allow us to study and then improve how customers interact with our website - this is known as website analytics. An example of analytical tool that we currently use is Google Analytics.
Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many website visitors we have, how often they visit whb2.com and how many times a user has viewed specific website pages. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages you visit and how many times you have visited whb2.com, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name and address.
How Can I Manage My Cookies?
If you do not want to accept cookies from whb2.com or any other website, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you choose to do this, please be aware whb2.com may no longer function as intended.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How Can I Turn Off My Cookies?
All popular browsers (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari) allow you to amend your cookie settings so that they are no longer enabled across all the websites you visit. You can find clear and detailed information explaining how to disable cookies for these main browsers in the 'Where to find information about controlling cookies' section at the Information Commissions website; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
For any queries regarding your visit to whb2.com, please contact us.
Security and performance
We use a third party services to help maintain the security and performance of our websites. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the whb2.com website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Origin WHB Ltd is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details - including your credit/debit card information - for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers and merchandise that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Improve the content and appearance of our website or catalogues, to ensure that content from our website and our catalogues are presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Comply with our legal requirements.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- With a view to understanding our customer's needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
- If you have indicated that you would like us to, we may also pass your information onto the carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products and services which may be of interest to you.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect and process your information as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website for transactional, employment or any other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or when calling us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Origin WHB Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Keeping In Touch With Us And Your Rights
At Origin WHB Ltd we want to keep you up to date with information about our new ranges, special offers and improvements to this site. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information from us, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop mailing information to you, in writing, to the 29th Floor, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5DY, England, United Kingdom or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and informing us so.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email. You may continue to receive mailings which have already been sent to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed, as well as emails associated to your orders.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security of our website is of utmost importance to us. Our site uses software to provide high-level encryption technology. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees for the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we require any information of this nature, we will only contact you by telephone.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
Where you have chosen to create a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Where We Store Your Information
People who contact us via social media
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisation.
People who call us
When you call us, we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
People who make a complaint to us
When we receive a complaint from a person, we create a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information collected to process the complaint and to check on the level of service that we provide. We do compile and publish statistics showing information such as the number of complaints we have received, but not in a form or a way which identifies anyone.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whomever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint solely on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for two years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle. Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us, we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
When we take enforcement action against someone, we may publish the identity of the defendant in our Annual Report or elsewhere. Usually we do not, identify any complainants unless the details have already been made public.
Job applicants, current and former Origin WHB Ltd employees
When individuals apply to work at Origin WHB Ltd, we will only use the information they supply us to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with Origin WHB Ltd, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Origin WHB Ltd has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Complaints or queries
Origin WHB Ltd tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 30 August 2017.
Origin WHB Ltd
One Canada Square