Effective Date: 14th May 2018
Who are we?
- We are Origin WHB Ltd trading as W=Hb2. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other contact details are on our website.
What’s the point of this policy?
- It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
- Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
Might the policy change?
- Yes. Please check whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date.
What's our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
- Because it's necessary to provide you with our goods under our contract with you. We may use it for other purposes (such as email marketing) if you consent. In the case of automated information collected when you browse our site, we use this to manage and improve our service in accordance with our "legitimate interests".
What do we collect?
- Information which you upload to our service us or otherwise give us such as your name, contact details.
- Automated information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, clickstream data, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
What about cookies?
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: allaboutcookies.org.
- The following kinds of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies: These enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. They allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, a session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so you will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
Google cookies: Persistent cookies (up to four years we believe) are set in connection with the following Google services on our site and these cookies may involve certain non-personally identifying information being sent to Google:
- GA Advertising Features: We may use the following GA Advertising Features: Remarketing with GA / Google Display Network Impression Reporting / GA Demographics and Interest Reporting / Integrated services that require GA to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. These features involve GA collecting data via Google or other advertising cookies including for display of ads which may be of interest based on your visits to this and other sites. You can specifically opt out of GA here. You can opt of GA Advertising Features at networkadvertising.org/choices. See below for other opt out routes.
- Third party advertising cookies: Cookies are placed by third party advertisers and/or internet advertising companies who fill ad space on our website (including Facebook). The third parties may use persistent cookies and other similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to assess information about your visits to this and other sites. This is so they can track the effectiveness of their campaigns (including whether these advertisements are clicked on or viewed by users and later purchases by such users), avoid showing you the same advertisement repeatedly and display advertisements on this and other sites tailored to your preferences. We do not have any access to or control over these third party technologies. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit youronlinechoices.com, www.networkadvertising.org/choices and/or www.aboutads.info/choices. Please contact the third parties directly for more information about their privacy practices.
- Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including the “Like” button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube. These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
- Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the website. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to 30 days.
- By continuing to use our website, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
What do we do with personal information?
- Provide our service, e.g. send service messages, process payments, fulfil orders.
- Send you marketing messages, if you have given permission. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
- Use it to recognise you when you visit or return to our service to track anonymised traffic and usage patterns, prevent or detect fraud or abuses and help us improve our service.
How long do we keep it?
- Generally, for six years after your account is closed – to help deal with any disputes. That timeframe may vary if we are legally required to keep information for a particular period. We will keep your information which we use for marketing until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages.
To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
- To other people who supply us with a service, e.g. couriers (to enable delivery of goods), e-commerce platform providers, website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website.
- To other users of our service, if you include personal information in a testimonial, review or other public action on our service.
- To the relevant authorities or complainants, if we think the personal information breaches our terms and conditions, or it is necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act may have been committed, or we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
What happens to your payment details?
- These go direct to our payment partners. We do not receive such information. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, our payment partners may send your personal information to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
Do we send your information outside the European Union?
- Your personal information which we collect is stored on servers located within the EU and is not transferred to any third countries except for the following.
- Your personal data is transferred to the US by Mailchimp, Google and the social media companies referred to above, which are all certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. This provides certain safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal data. See here for more information.
What rights do you have?
- If the legal requirements are met: to ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict or object to its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability”. (Some of these rights may not yet have come into effect.)
- If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.